The National College, Basavanagudi, established in 1945, continues to maintain an old world charm. The building and the atmosphere persist in spreading an academic magnetism that was created by the founder and mentor of the institution, Dr. H.Narasimhiah. The various facilities available to students and faculty are proof of this.
The library is as old as the institution, is continuously being upgraded and is equipped to assist in pursuing research. It is housed in a building of three floors, has approximately 78353 volumes and 42315 titles for all courses and is fully computerized. The e-library helps students use the internet to read recent articles, making it possible for learning to go beyond the classrooms.
The college has a Computer laboratory with abundant systems for both Under Graduate and Post Graduate students. This provides students with adequate access to the digital world.
The institution has ample facilities for sports, games and cultural activities. It has a spacious Play Ground with well-maintained Table Tennis & Basketball courts that is rare to find among many colleges in the rapidly growing city of Bangalore.
A gymnasium and a yoga centre are in place as well as other resources like a hostel for boys, a health centre and a canteen.
The Language Laboratory, established in 2009, facilitates in introducing students to language as well as soft skills required for pursuing careers in the global market.
The college is equipped with an active placement cell that makes it possible for students to get the benefit of being placed in Campus recruitments.
The pride of the college is an air-conditioned state-of the Art Multimedia Hall with 200 ergonomic seating facilities, where video conference can be arranged with four countries simultaneously.
- Campus area:4 acres
- lass rooms : 31
- 2 Research Centres: i. Trans-Disciplinary Research Centre in Collaboration with Florida International University (FIU) ii. Kannada Research Centre
- 4 Seminar Halls: Open-air : 100 ft X 100 ft / for 1500 Enclosed : 75” X 75” for 600 people State-of -the Art Multi Media Hall- IP address with 200 ergonomic seats ,AudioVisual Hall- for 100 people
- Sports Ground: 32846 Sq.ft. ,A 3 acre play-ground ,A Tennis Court, A Shuttle Badminton Court, A Table Tennis Court, Gymnasium, A Ball Badminton Court, Basket Ball Court, Indoor Games Section boys, Indoor Games Section- Ladies
- Toilets: Separate toilets for Boys & Girls and Faculty
- Ladies room : Spacious Ladies Room for girls
- Hostel: Two storied fully fledged Boys Hostel. Can accommodate 75 students
- Canteen : Two Storied 25 X25 ft
- Library: Three storied library Spacious Reference Hall with accommodation for 80 students & E-Library with 14 PCs with internet facility.
Rain Water Harvesting facility exists.
- Drinking water: The college has round the clock RO water facility installed on each floor. Water filters are provided in all the departments and at 3 strategic locations in the college for the benefit of students
- Electricity: It has its own Generator and transformer, 2 Generators of 25 KV capacity each. All the Departments are provided with UPS back up.
- Health Centre: A Health Centre is housed in the campus. Dr. Shanthi Prasad of Bhandari Hospital visits the centre for regular health checkups of students.
- Zoological Museum: It is a unique museum having a collection of more than 350 specimens and a wide range of working models maintained in 1600 sq.ft area adjacent to the Department.
- Rabbit rearing:A special attraction to the students are the rabbits reared and maintained by the Zoology department.
- Botanical Garden:The department of Botany is maintaining a terrace garden with herbal and flowering plants.
Laboratories : GeneralScience /Computer/ Communicative English- Language Lab /Maths /e-commerce