Department of Journalism
Department of Journalism
Department of Journalism desires to develop a strategic plan not only to meet the current needs of Journalism education but also to help industry professionals predict future media trends. Hence, the Department undertakes this exercise of inculcating new dimension to the study of Journalism and initiate an attempt to produce a group of creative, conscientious and courageous young Journalists to the society.
Department is having very good and useful Library around 176 books. Every year the Department is eager to procure new books to the library.
|Dr. S Jayasimha||M.A., M.S., Ph.D.||14||Asst. Professor and Head of the Department|
|K. Prashanth||M.S||11||Assistant Professor|
- Excellent and challenging career opportunities for students who desire to pursue their career in Print Media, Electronic Media and New Media.
- Enables them to enter fascinating Advertisement World and study of Media
- Management enables them to develop entrepreneurial qualities.
- This will certainly open up new vistas for adventurous students to take up exiting and challenging career in Public Relations and Corporate Communications.
- This will also help them to take up Civil Services.
Department organised State level Workshop on “Effective Media and Public Relations” on 11th Feb. 2020, in which Justice N. Santosh Hegde, Former Lokayukta and Dr. Shankar Bidari, Former DG and IGP Govt. of Karnataka, participated. Department organised several seminars, guest lectures, media visits and speaking contest programmes .
- Sandesh M. – In Colours Kannada Channel
- Manoj Kumar – Sub Editor in New Indian Express
- Rahul Dev – Director of Short Films.
- Chidananda – Reporter in Vijayavani
- Amrutha Bhaskar – Content Writer
- Pranashree Bhushan – Teachers Trainer.
- Padmini and Pooja Raju – Actress in serials and movies
Events of Department of Journalism
Caption need to given here
- State Level Workshop on “Effective Media and Public Relations” on 11-02-2020
- “Challenges before Journalists in Recent Times” on 20-07-2018
- “Changing Perception in Media” Dr. B.K. Ravi, Registrar, BU on 18-09-2019
- Talk & Interaction with the students on the topic “Judiciary & Journalism” on 07-02-2018
- “Developing Journalistic Skills” on 19-09-2019
- Reporting skills
- Interview techniques
- Anchoring skills
- Release of “Prathibhe” Class Magazine of final yr. BA. Jour. on 11-04-2017
- Release of “Eye to Eye” Collection of Interview articles on 29-09-2017
- Media visit to Suddi TV on 29-08-2018
- Release of “Sakshi” Class Magazine on 23-04-2019
- ‘DARPANA’-News Letter is the Publication of the department
- Professional Platform of the department – ‘Journalism Students Forum’
- Release of ANKURA, Class Magazine, brought out by Final Year Students of B.A. Journalism on 30th September 2020.
Release of ANTARDARSHANA, Collection of Interview Articles, by III Semester students, on 11th February 2021.